Friday, October 3, 2008

Plaaaaaaaaaay Ball!

The Cubs and the White Sox are in the playoffs.

I don’t think my nerves can take it.

In fact, I think I’ve actually gone into a semi baseball-related catatonic state since last year’s Cub woes. It’s simply too much to hope for that we might actually be in The World Series.

It’s like being told we might get to take a picnic on the moon next Saturday. Sure, it would be great! Sure, I’d love to go! But I don’t dare get my hopes up.

It’s a little different for the Sox fans. For one thing, they were in the World Series a couple of years ago. They basically spoiled it, though, by putting billboards in heavily Cubbie areas with the phrase “We haven’t won a series in, like, months!”

Cubs fans snickered as they proceeded to totally suck the next season. Not because we hate Sox fans (those who do are jerks. And vice versa.) but because we don’t need that sort of snotty attitude from our south side brothers.

I personally support our king, Mayor Daley. He loves the Sox. Everyone knows he loves the Sox. But he always always says “I root for Chicago .”

Huzzah!

No comments: