Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Beer Bottle Cap Pie

Jeez, that sounds like one of those horrid novelty red neck items, doesn't it?  I'll have to pick a different name when I put these up on Etsy.   
I love pies.  Baking them, eating them, and now fabricating them!
These little pies look good enough to eat, but you'd probably break a tooth.  The pie pans are literally bottle caps (MGD and Goose Island.  
Knut's choice as he's the beer drinker).  The pies themselves are polymer clay, glass beads, and tinted glazes.   They're affixed to little magnets to make sweet little fridge decorations.  Don't worry, they're good magnets.  I tested them on a heavy postcard from Istanbul.  
Our flavors are raspberry, blueberry, lemon meringue, rhubarb, and a dainty little peach galette.   Yum!
Up on Etsy as soon as I can take photos in daylight.  
I'll take pie over cake any day, so these were definitely a labor of love.

3 comments:

Summer and Zac said...

As you know, Dev and I are great pie fans (we had pie at our wedding instead of cake) - I can't wait to see these on Etsy.

Gretchen said...

I love your pies! I need a set! I will buy them on etsy! You are so wonderfully crafty!!!! I'm so excited for you to come!!!! YAY!!!!!

Unknown said...

Yep, I'm gonna have to buy some for myself as well, now... And learn to make pie.