Monday, May 19, 2008

A Dazed Ramble About Clip Art

Wow, am I tired.

I need some chemical help. Ahhh, coffee. Teacher, mother, secret lover.

Actually I’m doing a decadent yet legal combination of Coffee, Coke, and Eli’s mom’s homemade tortillas. Breakfast of Boggle Champions! I may just live through the workday.

We had a serious fun overload this weekend. It combined our wedding anniversary, a visit from our engineeringly gifted friends Kjelli and Branwyn (darn! We should have built a rocket!), Eli the Magnificent’s 31st birthday party, and Norwegian Independence Day. There was a lot of zoo visiting, dog swimming, and pancake eating in there too. Since my weary bones have yet to upload any photos and I’m clearly too tired to write anything clever, I’ll save the details until later this week.

I really do wonder about the people who make the clip art for Microsoft Office. I am a confirmed Mac User so I’ve only very recently experienced this. Look at these charming retro coffee guys. Aren’t they darling? Aren’t we privileged to be able to use these cuties in our emails and documents? All for a deliciously free price (although frankly, I think the fact that you have to buy Office even though you bought a new PC is appalling.)!

What is so interesting is that the artist is completely uncredited, at least anywhere I can find. I wonder how much the artist received. Frankly, a lot of the clip art is crummy 1980s style faceless people, but these are charming. I would totally wear a t-shirt with these guys. Neat-o!

If you’d like to add to your collection (Free! Virtual! Free!) check it out here. Oddly, you can’t really search by style. I think these are under “fantasy” but not all of them in the same series are under that heading. A little treasure hunt.

No comments: