Friday, May 9, 2008

Yesterland!

Gosh! I never suspected I would create a miniature pie frenzy! I’d better get to work on those.

But, I’d like to introduce you to a site that I just love: Yesterland.

Yesterland is a virtual theme park that contains all of the now demolished or refurbished Disney attractions. Werner Weiss does a wonderful job collecting photos and writing amusing commentary on each attraction.

Check out this awesome menu from the long gone Tahitian Terrace:

Or you missed your chance to visit the orignal Submarine Voyage?


Or my most favorite of all, Dressing for Disneyland in the 1950s!

Can you even imagine what it was like to go to a theme park and see ladies in dresses and men in tailored trousers? I actually can’t and I have a darned good imagination!

3 comments:

Summer and Zac said...

I used to LOVE the Submarine Voyage. I was heartbroken when they took it out. Growing up in Los Angeles, our yearly trip to Disneyland was basically the highlight of my life.

Anthrid said...

I never got to go on! I'm looking forward to going on the Finding Nemo version, since 2006 was my first ever Disneyland trip :)

Unknown said...

I too loved the submarine voyage! I think I dragged my Dad onto it four or five times, with me pointing out all the different scenes from "20.000 leagues under the sea" and telling him about them.

This was of course in Florida, not California.