Wednesday, April 9, 2008

3-2-1 Contact!

I have a big head. Tragically, I can never wear those cardboard top hats at New Years Eve parties (since that is one of the few aspects I like about New Years Eve parties, it is tragic.). My husband has a really small head, but it’s rock hard. I’ve had many a cut lip from him accidentally bringing his head up while I tried to kiss him.

I think Knut is one of the few people who could give someone a Glasgow kiss and feel no ill effects. A Glasgow kiss goes something like this:

“Can your mother sew?”
“Yeah, why?”
“Then have her stitch
this!”

(Grab the other fellow’s ears and bang your forehead into the other guy’s head).

In films, this knocks out the other guy, leaving our hero unscathed. However, if you’ve ever played the game where you squish two M&Ms together to see which breaks, there can be unexpected results. Apparently most people knock themselves out or at the least the two guys can share a taxi to get their concussions looked at.

Which leads us to…

A CHANCE FOR HOME SCIENCE:

How much harder is Knut’s head than mine?

Good thing we had Easter eggs.

With equal force I banged this charming lavender Easter egg against my head and then smashed Knut one with the other side. Once he recovered from the shock, we compared sides.

Katy’s Side

Smooth and mild breakage. Practically a warm embrace. This egg would be able to get up and walk away, if eggs were generally able to do such things.

Knut’s Side

Tiny round DEEP puncture. Resembles a bullet wound. Notorious E.G.G. style. How did the man manage it? It’s not like he’s a unicorn…? Nah.

Now, whose head would you rather get knocked with? I think I’d better keep my Glasgow kisses to the romantic kind.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm. But did the first whack damage the structural integrity? Seem like this experiment needs to be repeated.

Anthrid said...

Initially, I was concerned about that too, but if you look at the pale blue egg in the background it has an almost indentical wound. Because it too was smacked into Knut's fearsome noggin.