Monday, April 28, 2008

Illustration Friday "Wrinkles"


I do so like this Illustration Friday theme.  I kinda like wrinkles.  They show abundance!  Abundance of skin, life, fabric, etc.  Since wrinkles show abundance, I decided to draw an abundance of wrinkly animals.  We have an elephant, rhino, walrus, basset hound, pug, naked mole rat, and uh.. raisins.
Raisins are pretty much the apex of wrinkly-ness.  Click on the image to view full.
I did learn that most animals are actually pretty wrinkly under their fur.  It gives them more ease of motion.  I'll keep that in mind when I see women wearing ultra tight winter coats.
I especially like the wrinkles that a dog's stomach has when they're curled up into a little ball.  That's the best.  Let botox never come near them!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute! I think that's a female elephant.

Michael Villegas said...

Thanks for visiting!

I guess we both had raisin's on our mind...