Sunday, April 6, 2008

Illustration Friday "Save" Paper Doll Collage


This week at Illustration Friday the theme is "Save."
Maybe it's tax season, but I wasn't thinking about superheroes or baby kittens (okay, I was, but I always think about superheroes and baby kittens.  Or the two combined: Super Baby Kitten!) 
Instead the dim specter of my stern raised-in-the-Depression Grandma rose and admonished me about spending more than four dollars on temporary tattoos last week.  *shiver*
I've always really liked cutting paper dolls and these are on green copy paper snitched from work.  Some scissor work and some with a crappy little box cutter I keep in my desk.  I think the little Lincolns turned out rather well.  I especially like how his expression changes from coin to coin.  
Normally, I would have scanned it and tidied it in Photoshop, I but I really liked it as a raw collage.  Please view full for extra goofiness.

7 comments:

JO said...

Great job.

NANCY LEFKO said...

wow...impressive!!

Teresa said...

I think this is marvelous!

Crafty Crab said...

Lincoln does look a little worried at the end. :D

Those are fantastic! I can't even get snowflakes to turn out properly... let alone make it look like *something*.

Great job!!

Bearded Lady said...

This is wonderful. I always used to put too much detail in my snowflakes and then...gulp..they would break. I like Lincoln the best. It looks like a wood cut with the way you have photographed it.

A COLLAGE A DAY said...

the penny is very nice!

r.

Isabel said...

Fab. You are talented. Your grandmother would be proud.