Monday, April 21, 2008

Illustration Friday "Primitive"


I am totally willing to admit this quick sketch is probably the silliest thing I've ever drawn.  And that's up against some pretty stiff competition.
This is another entry for Illustration Friday.  This week's theme is "Primitive."  First I started thinking about women who look like Venus figures, then I moved on to cavemen, and wound up with "Primitivism."
I find those art terms to generally be very funny because they're so undescriptive.   Paul Gauguin a was a leading figure in that area and I started to think about where it could (not so) logically go.  The painting is Two Tahitian Women.
Voila!  Hope you enjoy it!  It makes me giggle anyway.  Please view full for maximum silliness.

5 comments:

Emily said...

hihi... my kind of silly!

COBOL said...

silly, yes, and lots of fun and a very well done illustration

Connie said...

I love it, and you'll see why if you look http://conniemartin.wordpress.com/illus-fri/

Alison Ashwell said...

I love the dead rat - brilliant idea!

van dyke said...

Okay this is funny. Silly yes, and funny. I like it. Cute!