Monday, March 24, 2008

Adventures in Easter Themed Baking Part 5


Taaaa Daaaa!!

The finished product. Covered in tasty frosting and yummy coconut, it's hard to tell I had to piece it together.
The inside of the ears are tinted marzipan dusted with sugar. The eyes are marzipan and chocolate chip pupils. The nose is a teeny grapefruit Jelly Belly.
I rather pleased considering it as my first try at this thing.
If I make it again, I think I'll bake it in two halves and stick them together with jam.
My hope is to get Knut's mother's deilig (Norwegian for delicious) lemon bundt recipe and make a lemon rabbit for less seasonal occasions :)
One of the problems with this kind of cake is that no one wants to eat the face. Had my brother Jamie been present at Easter dinner, I'd have cut off the head and served it on a plate for him.
I think he'd like that.

Happy Easter, everybody!!

1 comment:

Summer and Zac said...

That is basically the best thing I've ever seen. I am so impressed!

(It makes me wish I were in an Easter-celebrating country.)