Thursday, March 20, 2008

The Perils of Google Searches

Something that’s interesting about the internet is the sheer horrible stuff you find by accident. I looked up “stalking cat” on google image search to get a picture for a piece of jewelry I’m hoping to make.

Waaaaaay before I found a good photo of a house cat ready to pounce suitable for a cute pendant, I came across a photo of a giant skinned cat head with taxidermy eyes inserted. It really looked like a Hellraiser special effect shot. Since I have enough curiosity to end up skinned with taxidermy eyes myself, I followed the link.

It led to a page where Australians listed giant cat sightings. Some of these claimed to be panthers, etc, but a lot were feral house cats grown to huge size.

A couple of people sent in photos of their skins. And dead calves savaged by “something.”

You’re probably all going to look now, aren’t you?

If you end up skinned with taxidermy eyes, don’t say I didn’t warn you! I barely got away myself.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lucky you! When searching on 'stalking cat'I only ended up with links and photos of THIS ghastly woman:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/humanbody/mind/articles/disorders/gallery/gallery_case2.shtml