Monday, March 17, 2008

Magnum PI sonnet

So I was joking around a while ago that I would write a Magnum PI sonnet, after my Lucha Libre haiku series. Even I thought I was kidding. Then I did it. Wow, I am lame :)
Here goes!

Sonnet 8pm CBS

O Magnum, I require only your PI
To measure the circumference of my heart,
Which at 8 pm breathes a gentle sigh
When your tropical adventures now start.
Hawaiian shirts lush with fruits and flowers;
The short shorts shorter than receding tide
The chest hair has rum’s alluring powers,
Mustache like coconut husk cast aside.
There are those, fair Magnum, who doubt your claim.
Who is Robin to grant you all these rights?
What’s with fey Higgins and his flirty game?
Homoerotic themes can plague the nights.
In the Ferrari, all my qualms withdrew,
The bar, a babe, a beer—hijinks ensue!



This is now up at The Foghorn!

http://www.thefoghornmagazine.com/fiction-spindler-2.php


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha! How I though, back in 1986, that I would NEVER grow up to become Tom Selleck. Hah! Showed them, didn't I?

This is a wonderful poem for a wonderful show. Both the sonnet AND Tom makes me blush. *blush*

Anthrid said...

Here's a shout out to my pals on the Straight Dope message boards!

I've been a fan since childhood and, like Cecil, you guys are awesome!