Saturday, March 8, 2008

Rosemary's Baby Quilt



I should probably knock it off with the Rosemary's Baby jokes, as Rosemary is a beautiful little baby who looks waaaaay more like my brother James than Satan (unless...  Jamie is...  Nah!).Anyway, I bought these gorgeous little batik squares at a quilt show (seriously, go to quilt shows if there's ever one in your area.  They're amazing.   Especially when they have international entries.  Japanese quilts need to be seen to be believed) and fervently hoped someone would have a baby.   I then scoured the Midwest for appropriate fabric to go with it (ie, went to like 8 stores and got totally frustrated) and finally wound up in a quilting store in Shipshewana, IN.  The yellow is actually printed with tiny ducks and the green is a soft batik with blue circles and swirls.  The whole thing is backed in yellow gingham patterned flannel.
I don't think there's any better satisfaction than seeing it used :)

No comments: