Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Sepia Tattoo Necklace


I love tattoos.

Love them!

That said, I don’t have any. It’s not any kind of moral issue or anything. I’m just totally incapable of deciding what I would want for more than ten minutes at a time. In fact, I would love to be a tattooist, except that I would have no street cred.

It’s a shame because I usually make tattooists fingers itch. I am of the glow-in-the-dark complexion, so pretty much all shading and colors would show up well on me.

Others are far more brave. My lovely friend Katy Rabbit recently unveiled a gorgeous sepia tinted tattoo. It reminds me a bit of a Norwegian tattooist’s work. She specialized in sepia almost pointillist style images. Like having an exceptionally beautiful birthmark.

Sooo elegant…

So flushed with jealously, I sought to recreate and made a necklace inspired by it. Behold the Sepia Flower Necklace. I really wanted to recreate the look of Katy’s tattoo in a piece that is a little less permadent.

It’s up on etsy, if you’d like a closer look: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=10370660

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! What was a beautiful tattoo on one woman ended up being a beautiful necklace on another woman.

It is awesome that you managed to do this purely based on some photos of a tattoo!

Anonymous said...

You are truly amazing!

Anonymous said...

Kizza loved this one! He praised it in an e-mail too me. :)

iamchanelle said...

gorgeous! (the tat AND the necklace!)

i just added you to my fav. etsy sellers. ;)

Anthrid said...

Thank you, Chanelle!

Poor thing, it hasn't found a home yet and it is rather pretty.